THSO Social Norms Resources
Social Norms Resources to help you get started:
- Social Norms 101 for the THSO Cohort: Click here for recording
- Data Sources: Many campuses have CORE data they can access. If you are interested in additional data sources for SN campaigns, here is the CORE National Data, and here is a link to the state date via THSO. Just go to the THSO link and click on the drop down menu on the top that says data and it will give you several options. You may also try the data from the American College Health Association Survey which can be found here.
- SN Designer: Start thinking about who is going to create the visuals for your campaign. Are you going to design in-house or use the CHASCo designer?
- Required Logo: Remember that you are required to use a THSO Logo and tagline somewhere on the visuals for your campaign. The tagline must read: This project was funded by the TN Highway Safety Office. Click here to download the color logo and here to download the black and white version.
- CHASCo Design Examples: If you would like to see examples of social norms campaign posters that other institutions have created, click here.
- The Social Norming 101 Primer provides comprehensive and practical resources with a wealth of examples and demonstrations. The site is overseen by one of the preeminent figures in social norms practice, Dr. Wesley H. Perkins
- National Social Norms Institute: The mission of the National Social Norms Institute is to provide research, evaluation, and dissemination of information on the social norms approach to the field.